Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fresh Dirt 1

Dave C. and I built about a mile and a half of sweet singletrack on the property around the Hollow (our school) two years ago. Thanks Glenn for your help! I had never built a trail before and never realized how much work it is to build and maintain. The trail has been one of the best things I have done at school. The students love it and I have sweet singletrack to ride when pinched for time. This year new trail will be added. Some of the trail will be to made to provide a safer ride for thr students, and some will be added to make it more fun for me to ride! Monday was the first time this year I got out in the morning to do some real trail work. I created a new section to one of the climbs. The new section is only about 200 yards long but, it adds a nice switchback to the climb. This does two things. First, the climb will be a little easier for the students. Second, it makes the climb slightly longer and more fun for me!

No comments: