Monday, September 8, 2008

Univest #2



Overall a great day of being a bike racing fan with Luke. One thing I have realized recently with Luke is how we learn to complain about things that don't really matter when we become "adults". Example number one is when Luke and I were on a mountain bike ride in some singletrack a few days ago he was aiming for the roots and the rocks. I thought "what is he doing"? Then it dawned on me, those roots and rocks he was hitting make the ride fun. I think at times as an "adult" mountain biker we are so focused on avoiding this debris you forget they are part of the reason you started riding in the first place.
Example nuber two was this weekend at the Univest race when the rain started to come down hard, the "adult in me was saying stay dry! Luke was wearing his rain coat but did not want to stay under his umbrella. He soon became soaked and loved every minute of it. To him the rain was fun! Amazing what you can learn from your 4 year old! Get out and be a kid. Hits some of the rocks on the trail.

No comments: