Monday, March 2, 2009

Nor'Easter





About 8 inches was good enough to have off from school for the day. It is always nice to be a teacher on the days when it snows. It brings you back to the times when as a child you waited for the word that school would be cancelled. When you heard the word the plan for the days adventures would unfold. Todays plan was shoveling, snowboarding, biking, and hiking. I started shoveling with Luke and we took care of the driveway and sidewalks. As I was finishing up the shoveling Luke started to snowboard on the hill at the side of the house. Of course I got in on that action. Luke, thanks for the help!


Next, it was off to Valley Green for a ride. Forbidden Drive is a great place to ride in the bad weather. It is wide, smooth, and mostly flat.



The snow was deep on one side of the drive and plowed on the other. I used both sides at different times to move faster or avoid sloppy sections. As you can see in the next picture there were many XC ski tracks.



The riding today was just plan fun. I have ridden this path hundreds of times but, today because of the snow it took on a whole new identity. It also helped that is was a "snow day".






This next picture is just because I like this spot in the park and the picture turned out pretty good. Aunt Chris this ones for you!



Finally, after getting home from my ride and having dinner Luke and I went for a hike in the snow. Of course we went to our "secret trail" in Valley Green. You can tell by his expression how much fun he was having!
















No comments: