Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Riding comes to an END
















A great year of riding all kinds of bikes! The last few days I have been on winter break and enjoying the extra time on the bike. The highlights so far are a road ride from Morgantown to Wellsville. Becki and the kids dropped me at the turnpike exit and I began my 4 hour and 30 minute ride. When I looked at the weather at home it said the wind would be 5-10 mph out of the west. Since my trip is due west for most of it I thought "thats not bad". The weather was wrong! It was a constant 15-20 mph. A hard ride just got harder! About half way through the ride I had to cross the Susquehanna River in Columbia. The wind was so bad I was in my second lowest gear on a flat road!!!!! I did not know if I would make it. The second half of the ride was hard until at 3 hours and 30 minutes I made the turn to go north on rt. 74. The last hour was on hilly road but it seemed EASY! Great day on the bike.

As for the mountain bike I have had two "highlight" rides so far. The first was on Xmas eve morning in the snow. It was only about 1 1/2 hours but so much fun. The second ride was a 3 1/2 hour tour of the Wissahickon. The snow had melted and the trails had frozen into a super fast dirt highway! I love the grip of frozen dirt! Hope 2010 is as good or better the 09! Have fun be safe!

No comments: