Thursday, September 9, 2010

"That was Ned Overend"
















Towards the end of my ride this morning I went off the singletrack and down to Forbidden Drive, witch is a gravel road that runs through Valley Green/Wissahickon. The time was 10:15 and I had to head home. As I rode on the gravel I looked up and saw a group of mountain bikers riding towards me. The were all "kitted" up and looking important, so I took notice. The group went by and I gave a half-hearted wave. "That was Ned Overend in that group"!!!!! The group was 8 strong and moving in the opposite direction. I decided to turn around and chase Ned. Thankfully they went up a singletrack climb and I was able to get on Ned's wheel. What a thrill! The group had two riders that were having trouble keeping up and we stopped. I got to talk and introduce myself to Ned. I only rode with the group for 45min. but what a great experience. Ned is a first class guy. Today is one of those rides I will remember forever!

No comments: