Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Single Speed

I was always the guy who said that singlespeed mountain bikes were dumb. I thought that there is no way that could be fun. I was wrong! Yes, I can admit it. Dave C. let me borrow his bike which is to big for me and has no disc brakes. Why? I thought I would give it a try so I switched my pedals from my geared mountain bike and off I went. I thought I would go to Valley Green for two reasons; one because I would not ride that long "I don't even like singlespeeds" and two I know the trails and could pick some that would be better suited to a rigid bike. I rode for about an hour and got used to the bike and was hooked. The bike is very light and a great climber and on trails that flow it was just a rocket. As I was finishing my ride I could not help having good thoughts of riding this lightweight rocket at White Clay with its smooth, flowing trails. So I talked to the wife and set up a time for me to head out to White Clay. I even put on a pair of fast rolling semi-slick tires to further increase the joy factor. It was GREAT! Singlespeeds RULE! Thanks to the wife for putting up with my trips to White Clay!
D.O.N.E

1 comment:

Andy said...

Single Speed!!! Woooooooohoooo! We need some pics of White Clay up here!

Dude, remember that Pearl Jam show you won tickets to through the post card thing? The one in DC? I found a recording of it that I'm downloading. I'll burn you a copy!!