Thursday, January 15, 2009

Missing You






Sorry for the lack of posts. I have been busy watching 24! Jack Bauer RULES! If anyone out there is into the show let me know. This season could not have started any better. Tony and Jack looking for the bad guys.

I have also been riding through the cold. No not as cold as the mid-west, but still cold. Last weekend I spent many hours on the bike. Sunday was 4 hours of single speed happiness. I started from the house, rode the 12 minutes to Valley Green. Then it was on to the gravel of Forbidden Drive all the way down to the Belmont. I did about 45 minutes of twisty turny singletrack then headed back to Valley Green. After that it was all up and down singletrack back towards home. Finally, hit the road for the short ride to the house. Many different surfaces, much fun!

Time was also spent at Vally green on a hike with the kids. With the temps at about 27 degrees it was a test for the kids. How long would they stay out in these temps before I heard "I'm cold". No I did not tell them it was a test! When we got out of the car we started hiking up the new trail that Ben built. (NC pump track guru) After more then an hour of hiking and throwing rocks I still had not heard "I'm cold". These kids are strong. The pictures will show how warmly they were dressed. A great time in the woods.

No comments: