Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow in the Poconos






The family went to the Poconos for the MLK extented weekend. We arrived on friday evening to 6 inches of white stuff on the ground and below freezing temps. As you can see in the pictures the kids did not mind the temps. The kids played around the house in the snow, went sleding, built snow forts, and snowboarded. It is amazing how the snow makes the cold not feel so cold. I brought the bike up to do some riding although that never happened. Why you ask? How about a knee to rock hidden under the snow while trying to slow down my inner tube sled! Five minutes after the accident my knee had grown to four times its normal size. As I write this on Wedsnesday the swelling is almost gone and I plan on commuting by bike tomorrow! I hope the knee feels good! I wish I were in shorts like the guys and girls in Colorado!

No comments: