Wednesday, June 13, 2007

trail work

I created a trail at my school for the middle schoolers to use when I teach them biking. I am here to tell you it is alot of work. The project was started in the spring of 2006. Dave C and I had talked about it for some time and then finally picked up a shovel and a rake and broke ground. The trail was in place after a few weeks thanks to me, Dave C, various student teachers, and others. Thanks to everyone who helped get us started!(Glenn) A year and a half later we have a mile and a half of very sweet singletrack. It has been a smashing success for our phys. ed. program. We use it all the time for hiking, biking, and general fun. I am also able to use the trail for training on days when I otherwise would not be able to ride. I call them "hot laps" it is fun for about an hour then starts to get boring.
I also find myself always working on the trail. Even when I just want to ride I will always find something to do, pick up a branch, chop down a tree, or build a bridge. All in all it is great having singletrack at work.
Pictures of my work singletrack coming soon!
D.O.N.E, (Moran) Later

No comments: