Thursday, June 7, 2007

Why I'm Blogging

There are two main reasons why I became a blogger. First is a man who rides his bike named fatmarc. His blog became apart of my life about 2 years ago when one of my best friends and co-workers Dave C introduced me to fatmarc and the blog world. Being a mountain biker at heart fatmarc was interesting to me and he seemed to be a creative writer. Dave C was more into fatmarc and other biking bloggers then I in the begining and I would often look over his shoulder in the office and see what the people in blog had to say. Then On Jan. 2, 2007 my world and that of Dave C changed forever. Dave C was riding his bike to work and was struck by a car. I will never forget driving to work that day and seeing the helicopters hovering in the sky and thinking someone is in trouble, little did I know they were there for my best friend who was doing something that he loved. Dave C spent several weeks in the ICU at the U of Penn and is now in Bryn Mar rehab. Dave C suffered a brain injury and is now improving slowly day by day. Dave C stay strong.
That brings us back to fatmarc. After the accident I would find myself going to see what fatmarc was upto. Somehow it made me feel closer to my friend who I could no longer have a conversation with. This is really deep. Sorry fatmarc. I must also say thank you to fatmarc for the help at this difficult time.
Finally, don't forget to enjoy the day. Have fun and go for a bike ride!
Later

2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

wow dude. sorry about Dave.
he's recovering well I assume? do they expect 100% recovery?

I glad you enjoy my blog and will look forward to reading yours as well.

I think you used to kick my ass when we raced against each other. Is that right?

respect
fm

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

wow dude. sorry about Dave.
he's recovering well I assume? do they expect 100% recovery?

I glad you enjoy my blog and will look forward to reading yours as well.

I think you used to kick my ass when we raced against each other. Is that right?

respect
fm