Saturday, November 22, 2008

Workin!?





We got our first snow here in PA. Friday was parent/teacher conferences at school. This means that I have a long lunch. The perfect time to ride the "work" trail. This is when all the trail building becomes worth the effort. I was able to ride 18 miles (9 laps) in just over an hour. Great work out made even more rewarding because of the snow.

These lunch time rides are also somewhat bitter sweet for me. Dave C. and I created the trail at school for two reasons. One, was for the kids we teach to learn to love riding a bike. Second, was for days like Friday. When we have time in the work day that is usually not there, we could ride singletrack. As I was riding on Friday I was missing Dave C. I know he would have loved being out riding in the snow. I would have loved seeing him come around the corner behind me. The next time you want to ride and it is to cold, wet, or muddy don't say "maybe tomorrow". Go today!

2 comments:

Carney said...

Nice pics!

rick is! said...

those look like sweet trails. nice to have them so close.