Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Highlights

1. Just spending quality time with Becki, Meg, and Luke has been great. One of the main reasons I wanted to be a teacher was to be off around the holidays and of course the summer with the family.
2. Spending Christmas day with the Wendler family at our home. I bought my house from my grandmother. She bought it new in the 1950's so it is a special place to everyone. My dad even lived here as a kid and I spent many a Christmas day in this house as a child. I feel like it makes everyone happy to be in the house were they grew up and spent so many previous holidays.
3. Going out with some old friends and one new one to the Ye Old. The Dogg and I have been going out on a regular basis to get "beefs" and hang out. This time my brother and neighbor went with us. The beef, beer, and the company were super. It was nice to go out with my brother Andy. We always have a good time and don't get together enough. Dave is a great guy who it was nice to get to know a bit more. Lets do it again soon.
4. Eating! Becki made a great dinner for Xmas day. We are still eating the left overs! It is great to have a wife that is a great cook and likes to entertain the family. I must also mention Mary Kay's (mom) cookies. Her butter cookies are a Xmas tradition for me that I love!
5. Riding! Training! It is nice to have a goal in the near future of racing. I look forward to testing myself in 08!

No comments: