Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ride, Bowling, and Hockey






1. I got some good mountain biking in this weekend at Valley Green. On Sat. I rode for 2.5 hours. The trails were a bit muddy in spots but I still had a great ride. I am starting to feel better and better on the Rig. I was able to ride the climb at Valley Green called the "monster" with only one gear. Adding to my self confidence on the climb was the fact that I pasted 3 guys on geared bikes. Sundays ride was on some of the same trails and the ride had a very different feel. The temps have dropped and the trails are now frozen. This makes for a faster ride with much traction. Feeling pretty good again although I was only out for 1.5 hours. Sorry no pictures of the rides!
2. At 9a.m. on Sunday morning Becki makes the suggestion that we go bowling as a family. I thought that would be a good time to go. There can't be that many people bowling on a Sunday at 10a.m. WRONG! The place was packed! We had to wait to get a lane! While we were waiting the family got to play Skee(spelling?) ball. Look at the picture you'll no what I mean. When the bowling started Luke again was good. He almost did not need the bumpers. Meghan was showing natural ability! It was a fun family outing on a really cold day.
3. I took Luke to an MN ice hockey game. I told some of my students I would go so we made an appearence. I also knew Luke would enjoy the game. It was a pretty good game although MN lost. I even saw Lance at the game.

No comments: