Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Unsportsmanlike

Coaching a school sport as part of my job is usually fun! I coach middle school basketball at the 7th grade level. The leauge is set up for the kids to learn the game. An example would be, that every kid must play for a certain amount of time in every game. This is a reason the 7th grade is fun to coach. There is not much pressure to win and you get to teach the kids about the game. We played a team the other day that is always much better then us. There community plays more basketball and the kids on the other team play hard. That is all fine with me. What really bothered me was the coach playing a "trap" defense when his team is up by 30 points. For those of you who don't know what "the trap" is it is when the other team gets the person with the ball in a corner of the court and then pressures them with two guys. There are other defenses he could have played once the score was out of hand. All I can say is I hope he had a good time. Adults can make kids sport so annoying!!!!!

No comments: