Monday, February 18, 2008

Long Weekend






A long four day weekend! Again, it is good being a teacher! The weekend started off with me catching a bit of a cold. It never got to bad, nontheless annoying. Friday my parents were good enough to take the kids over night so Becki and I could remember how easy our lives were before kids. Yes, we went on a date! It was very nice to go out together, enjoy the time, and move at our own pace. Becki and I do so much with the kids it makes the times when we are away from them great. We got to talk during dinner without interuption! Imagine that! I should also say that not having the kids around is weird. We both feel like we were forgetting something! Luke and Meg I love you but, mommy and daddy need our time. Thanks Big Lar and MK.

By Sunday I was feeling better and was ready to get back on the bike! This ride would not be the same as many of the mountain bike rides I have been on in the past several years. Charlie is back. For roughly the past 15 years I have been on more bike rides with Charlie then anyone. We both started out mountain biking together in the mid-90's, then did some road riding during the Lance era, and now have come back to mountain biking. Charlie and I also share the love of the bikes we ride or want to ride. We are both bike geeks. We both had neon colored centurions! We both now ride 29ers! We have both come full circle! We rode our new 29ers at a muddy Valley Green and I have no pictures because their was no CF card in the camera! Next time I will document. Good job chuck it was nice to see you back on the trail. Nice bike!

Monday was busy! Luke and I went ice skating again at Wintersport. His skating is starting to come together. It is so amazing to watch my son learn to do something new and the look of pure enjoyment on his face is priceless. After skating we came home and Becki was good enough to let me out for a 2hr. tour. I rode on bike paths and roads and enjoyed the 65 degree temps.

No comments: