Monday, December 8, 2008

Dusting





An early 7:15am ride at Valley Green with a light dusting of snow. The weather forecast was calling for the winds to pick up as the day grew longer so I got out early to avoid the wind chills. This would be a test for the 34x18 on some steep hills. The gear was hard on the steeper hills but, overall more fun. I stuck to the trails that I know so I could feel the difference in the gear. On one of the longer more gradual climbs I actually like the bigger gear. I was able to get out of the saddle and put in a good acceleration. On one semi-flat section I was moving much faster. Overall, in the two hour ride I covered more distance then usual even with the snow! Coming home from the trails on the road that wind chill mentioned earlier had arrived. I was almost blown off the road. Home just in time!

1 comment:

rick is! said...

ah, the old gear ratio quandry. i can't wait to have to worry about that again. riding again soon hopefully