Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Open Road






This weekend the family hit the open road for a trip to Dillsburg. The mission was to visit the in-laws, visit Becki's high school friends, and of course ride. First, let me say I am very lucky to have in-laws that I get along with. Thank you for everything that you do for our family. Second, was a party with Becki's high school friends. The annual Christmas party is something we look forward to every year. This year was good food, good drink, and no fighting between Chad and Steve! Last year Chad and Steve (high school football buddies) got into a late night pushing match. I was the one trying to break it up! All 150lbs. of me! More mellow this year.

Thanks to Becki I was able to get in some great road miles this weekend. Road riding around Dillsburg in York and Adams county is spectacular! Open farm roads, gravel roads, and very little traffic. I've had a few years to explore the roads of the area and have come up with several good loops. On Sat. I did a gravel road loop. I use some gravel roads to connect paved sections. On Sunday I rode my "classic" Adams county loop. I have been doing this since Becki and I got together. This is one of the few road rides I miss when I don't get to use it. Many open farm roads, very narrow and windy. Even some small steep climbs thrown in. Both rides were for just over two hours in cold, windy, and sunny conditions. Great fun on the open road!

No comments: