Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mid-Week Surprise






As a teacher you wait for the phone to ring early in the morning when there is snow in the forecast. Tuesday night I went to sleep thinking we may have a 2 hr. delay but, not a whole day off! The phone ring at 5:45am with the message that only my school was closed due to downed power lines. Let the celebration begin! Becki was able to sleep in! I got to drive Luke to his pre-school mid-morning. I was able to get some "projects" done that you never seem to have the time for otherwise. At 2:00pm it was on to the road bike for a 2hr. tour. When you have a family, job, house, and a part time job these unexpected times to ride are a treat. When I would normally be teaching 7th grade students about cancer or some other health related topic I was enjoying the bike path. A great surprise "training" day. (see pictures)

No comments: